The Mookie: half muffin, half cookie! Great for snacking on the go and really easy to make. This is a good one to get little foodies involved in the kitchen. We currently have banana & sultana Mookies on the launch menu but these apple ones are equally delicious!
Apple & Sultana Mookies (makes 14)
150ml apple sauce*
100g GF oats
90g grated apple
1/2 a vanilla pod scraped or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
*Shop bought or make at home: Chop 4 apples into 2cm pieces and place in a heavy bottomed pan, sprinkle with 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 50ml water. Cover and stew on a low heat for 30mins. Allow to cool and blend to a thick sauce with a hand blender or in a food processor. Any left over sauce can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week. We love to use as a topping for porridge or as an alternative to jam!
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Line a baking sheet and sprinkle the oats. Toast in the oven for 15mins, remove and allow to cool
- Reduce oven to 160°C
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well with a spoon. Leave to stand for 10mins
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Weigh out 25g balls of the mixture (you don’t have to be this precise, a small handful will do!) and press down lightly onto the baking sheet to form a cookie shape
- Bake for 20mins - watch closely as they can turn very quickly
- Allow to cool on a wire rack
These will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container
We'd love to see you trying this recipe at home! Share photos with us on Instagram (@wildchildkitchen) or Twitter (@wildchildktchn) using the tag #wildchildfoodies